GIIS students have scaled new heights of success in the International Baccalaureate Exam 2014 with 61% students scoring 35 points and above. The phenomenal results achieved by the students stand testimony to the hard work and dedication put in by them during two enriching years 2012-2014 for which the school and its teachers applaud them. The class average stands at a high of 36.4 points.
The school has achieved groundbreaking results with 82% students receiving grade A in Hindi and 100% students receiving grade A in Tamil, Mathematics, World Studies and Geography Extended Essay.
Ms Deepa Chandrasekaran, IBDP Coordinator, GIIS Queenstown Campus conveyed, "I am happy that the IB batch of 2014 has produced excellent results - a testimony to the efforts of the students and dedication and commitment of the IB team. The months of planning, streamlining the processes of benchmarking and the focused attention paid to students equipped the students to handle the rigour of the IBDP programme and the exams."
- 33 % students scored grade points 40 and above
- 61 % students scored grade points 35 and above
- School average is 36.4 grade points
- 25 % students got A grade in TOK
- 36 % students got A grade in EE
- 82 % students scored A grade in Hindi EE
- 50 % students scored grade point 7 in Business SL
- 65 % students scored grade point 7 in Economics SL
- 67 % students scored grade point 7 in Tamil SL
- 100 % students scored grade point 7 in History SL
- 100 % students scored A grade in Tamil EE
- 100 % students scored A grade in Mathematics EE
- 100 % students scored A grade in Geography EE
- 100 % students scored A grade in World Studies EE